Ok, so here’s a fun question I like to ask sometimes. Let’s say that all of a sudden everyone in the world was like you. I mean, has your exact likes and dislikes: particularly spending habits and pastimes.
What industries would explode with profit and what industries would just go completely bust? Also, go inbetween. What industries might increase a bit and which would decrease?
For me, this is how it is.
Industries that would explode:
1. Fast food. You think a McDonalds every mile or so is enough? This industry would explode like none other if everyone was like me. Fast food corporations would have to redefine their logistics in order to keep up with the demand. In addition to that, significantly more restaurants would have to be built in order to keep up with the long lines. I’m talking about just about one of each restaurant within each mile or 2 radius. And you know how many restaurants there are of each.
2. Internet. Everyone would have a high speed internet connection at home. When you use your smart phone to scan for Wifi signals, you’ll be picking up networks constantly.
3. Android. Everyone would have Android in their lives. Some would choose i-phone. But most would go with Android. Just having a smartphone.
4. Adults only entertainment. Not going into this one, as if it’s not exploded already! Particularly internet based and maybe specialty bars and clubs catering to this.
5. Fridays and Saturday nights. Everyone would take advantage of their time off and go out!
Industries that would flop:
1. Sports. I have absolutely no interest in them. Sports on TV, sports clothing, and merchandise.
Industries that would increase:
1. Electronics stores. They already make a lotta money but people would be in them buying computers and accessories.
2. Restaurants. Particularly, sit down restaurants. People will eat out more and this would increase the number of restaurants there are. As if there aren’t enough.
Industries that would decrease:
1. Grocery stores. Everyone would eat out a lot more so there would be much less need for grocery stores. Wal-Mart supercenter would cease to exist, and regular sized grocery stores would decrease to probably the size of a large convenient store (Such as Flying J or Pilot).
So, these are just things I can think of right off. I’m sure there are more for me in each category. So, I want to know what it would be like if everyone were like you!
I’m not big on explosions, so, I should think, none would explode.
As for flop, well, I just don’t know how that happens. Or did you mean hop? (still, a whole company hopping, that would be a site!)