Hi guys, I have a job interview for a salesperson (selling coffee machines at a store) and for my interview (which they call an audition) I have to bring in an item that I love and talk about it. I have no idea what I am going to bring! I’ve looked around my room and can’t thing of anything.
What would you guys bring?
This sounds like they want to test your ability to talk authentically and enthusiastically about something you are passionate about, because this is what they want you to do with their product.
The coffee suggestion above is a great one, but also think about the things that you really rave about to your friends, what do you try to convince them about? It would be worth asking a few friends what you talk to them about, what have you recently influences them to do or try?
Here are some other ideas to start you off:
- Is there a website you love, you visit every day?
- Is there a gadget you can’t live without?
- Games console you are always on?
- Is there a smartphone app you think is amazing?
- What item of food do you adore?
- What is your ultimate favourite single / album / CD?
- Do you have a hobby? e.g. if you play guitar, is there a guitar which is the ultimate guitar that you would love to have when one day you have the money to buy it?
- Do you have a favourite photo / image / painting or view?
- Favourite film?
- Favourite place (you could bring in something to symbolise a favourite place)
- Favourite restaurant (you could bring in a copy of the menu to symbolise the restaurant)
- A favourite pair of shoes, bag, item of clothing?
Whatever you do, don’t bring in something that goes against selling coffee machines… e.g. favourite brand of tea, cafetiere, or app that finds the cheapest price for something! That would demonstrate a misjudgement on your part!